Friday, November 12, 2010

Back To School - Ricks College/BYUI


It's been a few months since I decided to finish my degree at Ricks College (Now BYU-Idaho), and many years that I've been thinking about it! I went through the application process and finally received my e-mail of acceptance yesterday. I was all excited to get going, but I'm required to complete an online orientation, and the first one available isn't until January 2012. So, now I need to wait.

I look back at my college years with fondness. At the time, it was all about dating, not really about education. I was there to just pass the time until I found a husband! Sad, huh? Oh, what I could have accomplished if I would have had a plan! Here is a picture of me with my roommates my first year of college (1984!):
Karen, Jan, Me, Sandi, Michelle

Here are current pictures of BYUI. It's so much bigger and modern than when I was last there. I still have sleepy dreams about attending college-- not reality, just imagined college life where I don't know where I'm supposed to be, missing classes, getting lost, not remembering a locker combination. It's very stressful in my dreams!
Although I have anxiety about taking classes (specifically, Math!), I'm excited to get going! I don't want those two years of college to be wasted. They need to matter! I'm so close.

1 comment:

Greg & Jen said...

Good luck with going back to school! I recently just started back myself. I am now in microbiology, english 103 and western thought. It's been tough with three kids, but I know that it is going to be worth it in the end.