Monday, December 28, 2009

Gabe turns 14 years old!

Gabe decided to have his birthday dinner at Red Robin this year (he loves the tower of onion rings), and will be going snowboarding soon to celebrate his 14th birthday.
.
On the way home from dinner, we talked about the day he was born-- how we planned to name him Daniel Robert (D.R.), and it was only the night before his scheduled c-section that we changed it to Gabriel Ty Martinez. I told him how he ate all the time, how he spit up all the time, how he had night terror, and how he loved to sleep on my chest and would cry if I put him down in his crib.

1997

Now he's fourteen years old! That means I'm fourteen years older, too. I'm no longer a newlywed and having my first child. I have a fourteen-yr-old son! I can't believe he's grown up so fast. He has man-hair on his legs! NOOOOOO....

2001

I remember when he cried because he had to give up his binky, when he would watch Barney videos one after the other, when he was so helpful toddling over to get diapers for his new baby brother, and how much he loved to be rocked to sleep.


2004

How quickly the time goes. Two more years and he'll be driving. Four more years and he'll be graduating. How long before I have grandchildren? Grandchildren. I'm not ready for that. I still feel young inside. I'm still adjusting to motherhood, getting to know my husband, and planning our future together.
.

2006

I am so blessed to have Gabe as my son. He is bright, comedic, sensitive and challenging. I look forward to sharing every joy, hardship, and milestone he'll let me be a part of in his future life.


2009


We love you -- Happy Birthday, Gabe!

1 comment:

sher said...

love the updates, love the picture from years past! They grow up? :)