Sunday, December 21, 2008

In Memory of Maxine Mack

Born 03/30/1917 Died 10/27/2008

After my Grandpa died, Grandma moved to Texas where her oldest daughter lives. My earliest solid memory of Grandma Mack is visiting her in Texas when I was small. She had a lot of puzzles, games and books for all her grandkids, and made peanut butter candy for us to eat. While I was a teenager, she lived near us in Idaho. She looked forward to having me sleepover at her house. I would help her organize her food storage, then we'd play games. She loved to make breakfast for us the next morning. She was always up for a good time, and loved to do crafts.

The last years of her life, she lived back in California. My Aunt Janice and her family spent a lot of time with her, and took great care with her. This is a picture of me and my Grandma the last time I saw her. While we were vacationing in California in August, I was able to go visit her in the hospital.

For the funeral, Rebecca and I were able to fly to California a little early and help organize some of her belongings. It was nice to have that time with Rebecca. I feel even closer to her now that we went through that experience together. It was great to reconnect with Janice and her family, too. I forgot how much fun it is to be around Janice. I miss having her in my life. Going through Grandma's things helped me realize how much we all meant to her. She saved everything I made for her, and every picture!

1 comment:

Deon said...

What sweet memorys of your Grandma!!! And that is a great photo of the two of you in August!!